Sunday, August 27, 2006

Life is...busy

I didn't like my first post, so this is the second one. :)


My new, crazy schedule has pulled me away from the ones I love far too much, and it's only been a week.


No, I'm not quitting, so don't start mentally composing your comments yet. But thanks for your diligence.


I'm just having to rethink my priorities and actually plan for things that used to just fall into place. Work, school, home. Not too bad, right? In all reality I spend 95% of my waking hours just taking care of business. The rest of the time is spent on hygene and eating. (Ace, please don't say how every time you see me I have food in my mouth, it's not nice manners...lol)

I must admit that multi-tasking is something that I've always been good at. This new life is creating a whole new meaning to the word though. I have discovered a few things that help things along though. Here's my list:


1. Morning sex. It just sets the day off right.

2. It's ok to leave dirty dishes in the sink and hope the cats lick them clean.

3. Boomer really can sit (still) at my feet while I read. (even if it's for only 5 minutes)

4. A fridge full of beer, a new video game, and a newly single friend can keep Ace occupied for days, all while still at home so I can keep the single friend from corrupting my lovely boyfriend.

5. While at work, no matter how busy I am, it's ok if I want to stop and go sit outside for 10 minutes just to regroup. Hiding in the conference room to work on something pressing so I'm not interrupted is perfectly fine too.

6. Nights out with friends that involve drinking and nonstop laughter are totally worth it, even
if I am exhausted the next day. (love you guys)



So far that's it, but it has only been a week. I have to get back to studying, and maybe some time today I'll eat dinner.


XOXO