Friday, August 11, 2006

Funny story from the home front

Last night Taco (the oldest) and Tojo (the youngest) spent the night with Ace and I.

They were all at football practice until 730, so this of course delayed dinner. I wasn't in much of a mood to cook, and there really weren't any groceries in the house anyway, so I ordered some pizza. So dinner was delayed even more.


All of this really isn't that important, except to explain why the boys were still awake at 1045 when I went to bed.

Anyhow, I'm in bed for about 10 minutes (Ace is still up watching digital cable, we just got it yesterday) when I hear Tojo crying in their bedroom. Oh lovely.

I go in there, and he's really crying, not just whiney whimpering type crying because of something minor, but REALLY crying. He's standing in the middle of the bedroom, looking toward the floor in the corner.

Me: "What's wrong Tojo?"

Him:"My blanket"

Me: "Your blanket? Can you not find it?"

Him: "It's in the corner, it's wet. There's pee on it"

Me: "Pee? You're wide awake, how did you get pee on your blanket?"

Him: "Taco did it"

Me: "Taco, did you pee on his blanket?"

Taco: "I couldn't make it to the bathroom in time"

Now, I know these kids. Neither one of them wet the bed, ever. Not to mention that they haven't even been to sleep yet!

Me: "Now we both know that isn't true, and nobody like a liar. Why did you pee on your brother's blanket and make him upset?"

Taco: "He made me mad, he wouldn't share it with me, and then tried to stand on me"

Me: "So, instead of using YOUR blanket, you PEED on his? Come on now... "


I'm seriously trying to hold back the laughter because I know it will only traumatize Tojo even further, so after Tojo says that he doesn't want to sleep in the same room with his brother, I grab his pillow and a fresh blanket, and move him to the couch in the study.

Then I can laugh, while Ace lectures Taco for the pee.


Sometimes it's lovely not being the actual parent, I just get to enjoy moments like this instead of being the disciplinarian. Ah, good stuff.