Friday, July 21, 2006

Manders cooked it up

I don't cook very often. It is time consuming, and time is something that this girl doesn't have a lot of. But when I do cook, I cook a LOT.Last night was one of those cooking nights. Ace was busy getting football gear for Taco, so Tojo and I had the house to ourselves for an hour or so. I took this time to start dinner.


This is what we had:
Baked chicken breast
Potato pieces, (from granny's garden) baked with seasoned salt
garlic bread
baked beans
potato salad
sliced tomatoes
cantelope

OMG... it was all so good. Yes, I realize the abundance of potatoes and baked things, but I don't care. They all taste so yummy that I couldn't choose.

Oh, and if there is anyone out there that cooks regularly and doesn't have a Santoku knife, get one. Here's mine http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=14044604&RN=392&KSKU=108750 and it is so amazing. I sliced up raw chicken breasts into smaller hand-held size pieces for the boys, and it sliced through it like butter. It cut the cantelope and tomato the same way. It's a good thing. (I'm done channeling Martha now)