Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Happy July 5th!

I wasn't near my computer yesterday to say happy 4th, so this will just have to do. Hope you're not disappointed.


My holiday was pretty good. I was at the shelter until about 3 taking care of the doggies. We did manage to take about an hour and half to stop for a cook out for all of us. We had burgers, hot dogs, brauts, kool aid and popsicles. Not bad really, and of course we let the dogs have all of the left overs. If anyone happened to watch channel 8 yesterday at 4,5,6, or 10 they had a story about keeping your dogs inside and away from the loud pops of the firecrackers. I'm telling you this because they came out to our shelter to film our dogs and had a coworker talking. I could have done it, but I was pretty dirty and didn't want to be on tv looking like that.


After that I met Ace at his folks house for more food, and a few drinks. Not many though. Watched the kiddos in the pool and then let Ace and his cousin do the fireworks show. It was a good time for sure.

Mr. Boomer's doing fine so far. I've picked up a few of his toys and I try to keep him still by giving him a bone to lay down and chew on so he's not up running around all the time. Hopefully that will help to keep him well until he can see the vet next week.

Also coming next week, the car goes in the shop. I had it estimated because of my run in with Mr. Ed. A nice sum of $3500. I could have put it in today, but I wouldn't have my loaner car yet, so I'd have to share with Ace and that's just too hard. So I can wait a few more days.

I guess that's just about it. Just working. Oh, we've moved our float trip to the last weekend of July. It was just more convenient for everybody that way.


Have a good day folks.