Monday, July 03, 2006

My poor doggy

Mr. Boomer's test results came back from the lab after his neutering last weekend, and my big man has heartworms.


The vet says we're lucky, we caught it early, so he probably just has minimal tissue damage. After his treatment (should be next week) and a few weeks of taking it very easy he should be good as new. I can't help but worry about him, that's just what mommies do.

I do have one perk of working at the shelter on the weekends (aside from the many slobbery kisses). Very, very cheap vet care. Last weekend he was neutered, had blood work, and all of his shots completely free of charge. His heartworm treatment at a regular vet would run about $500, and with our vet it will be a whopping $75. So I am certainly lucky for that.



Many of my blog buddies are having a hard time right now, family illnesses and what not. Make sure you give everyone lots of hugs and 'I love you's ' while you can people. Tomorrow's not guaranteed to anybody. Enjoy your holiday.

XOXO