Monday, July 10, 2006

A busy week for Manders

Tomorrow morning the car is being put in the shop. I checked with them today, and it is supposed to take 2 weeks. That S.U.C.K.S. Oh well, I want my new car to look new again.

Thursday Mr. Boomer goes in to see the vet for his first heartworm shot. I'm really nervous about it, but I trust the lady, and know that there isn't an alternative. Friday he goes in for the second shot, and after that has to be kept confined for a month. Yep, keep a 10 month old lab confined. That will go over like a fart in church. We have to keep him from getting excited or playing, and for potty breaks he has to be leashed so he won't run around or have any fun whatsoever. Fantastic. At least he likes it inside, and is housebroken.

In other news, I broke down and contacted my mom last week. I was thinking about her, and it has been nearly 2 years since we've spoken. I talked about it with Ace, and he and I figured I didn't have much to lose by trying to have a conversation with her, so I gave it a go. And... it wasn't half bad. She did say that it was because of me that we haven't spoken, but I really didn't expect her to act any differently. So I guess we'll see how that goes. I'm still pretty bitter about her past behavior, but afterall, she is my mom. But no one can say I didn't try.