Thursday, July 20, 2006

Car's done, We have veggies, Cat's pissed, Hot weather.

I was able to pick my car up after work yesterday. I'm glad to have it back, not only because I was having to pay for something that I couldn't use, but because the truck I was driving while mine was away drinks the gas like nothing I've ever seen. I spent over $100 in gas in just a week. Ouch. But the car looks fantastic, better than when I bought it actually. The glass installer accidentally cut a piece of trim on the inside, so they are coming out to my office either today or tomorrow to fix that part. After I got home last night I noticed a scuff on my headlight, so the body shop is ordering a new one of those and that should be done towards the first of next week. All in all, the accident was pretty painless. No one was hurt, I didn't have a battle with my insurance company, and the body shop did a great job, and had it finished earlier than what was quoted. So props to State Farm and Bethel Collision Center. I recommend both.

After getting all the cars situated, I took off for Granny's. Her garden is overrunning her with yummy veggies, so I went to go get some. A lot more than I want, but that's cool too. I'll eat them I'm sure. Red potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes. All my favorites. I love em. I can't wait until after work to head home, slice open a fresh homegrown tomato, sprinkle it with salt and pepper, and dig in.

The cat hates the dog. Well, one of the cats. Boy Kitty likes the dog fairly well, as long as the dog is fairly calm and isn't trying to sniff his butt. Outside Kitty is afraid of everything, and will just run away. Girl Kitty is a hard ass. She wants to beat up everything in sight, except for whatever reason, Boy Kitty. Sometimes she even wants to beat me up. Ok, back to the story. Last night I am at the vanity brushing my teeth and washing off my makeup. The cats are all around, like always, watching mommy do her thing. The dog's dancing around because he's been in the utility room almost all day and has too much energy. Girl Kitty starts growling, so I know she's about to freak out. I put my hand on the dog's face to scoot him away from the counter so he isn't slapped by the claws, and wham! She slaps my hand instead of his nose. One of her nails gets stuck in my hand, so she starts flapping her paw around. OWWW!!!! Damn that hurt. But I saved Boomer's nose.



Oh, and just a note for people. It's hot outside. If you, or anyone you know leaves your pet outside in this heat and he can't get to his water (like he is tangled up in his chain) he will die. And I will hate you. Don't be idiots people, use common sense. Bring the animal inside. It's supposed to be 105 today, way too damn hot for anything to be outside for any amount of time at all. Especially on a chain where he can't access cool water and shade. Fucking idiots.