Tuesday, July 18, 2006

A BIG birthday party coming up

I spoke with my Dad last night, and he is going to host a party for my Grandma's birthday on the first Saturday of August. He has talked about it for quite some time, and it just so happens that the house will be finished right about the time of her birthday, so it's party time.


Since I'm the only daughter, and his wife isn't very... um... (thinking of something nice) willing to do something for someone else (that's good enough) I get to play hostess. Plus, she's my Granny, and I want to.


So I need help. I've never hosted a large party like this for anyone but drunk friends/ coworkers. This will be all family, from late 80's to infants. It will still be fairly warm out, so we'll need inside stuff also. Food is basically covered, we're cooking out. But what else do you do to bring a family together? We're not very tight-knit, but we never fight either. It's a nice balance. But I want thing to do together, besides just standing around and talking.

Any suggestions?