Monday, July 31, 2006

The best dad, and boss, ever.

Money.

I have a love/hate relationship with money. I love it when I have it, and hate it when I don't.


I have been needing to get my car tagged since May, but because of the hit-and-trot I haven't been able to afford it. $650 for a small piece of metal is a lot to this girl, especially if it doesn't have diamonds attached. On top of that, I've been wanting to get into some classes this fall, and I just really didn't have the money necessary for either.

Well today everything changed.

My dad came by the office today at lunch to see how I was doing and to chat for a bit. He's on vacation this week to get his house ready for Granny's party on Saturday and was running errands on this side of town, so he stopped by. He asked me how close I was to refilling my tag fund after it was depleted from the body shop. I said "not even close". So he handed me $500! Hell yeah! Not bad right? That buys almost the whole thing.

So that takes care of one thing.

Now onto number two. School. I broke down and asked my boss for a pay advance, and he gave it to me. Not that I doubted he would, he does it for everybody. I still hated asking though. I can pay for school now though, and I just have to pay back a little bit at a time from each check, so little that I probably won't even miss it.

So yep, everything's taken care of. I can get my tag, and pay for my tuition and books. Cool, right?

And thanks to Dad and Boss, you guys are awesome.


In other news, today is Grandpa's birthday, so I am going to try and go to the cemetery after work. Key word is try.