Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Post # 250, and the DPS sucks

I just realized that this is my 250th post. If only my supervisor knew I did this instead of working..lol


At lunch today I went to get the tag for my car. $750 fucking dollars. Outrageous. Total waste of money.

But that's not the crappy part.

It's also time for me to renew my drivers license. So I go, sit in the chair, smile pretty, and the lady says "sorry, it shows here that your license is suspended".

WTH? I haven't had a ticket in years, and never one that went unpaid. She couldn't tell me why it was suspended, just that I needed to call this number. Of course.

When I get back to the office I call, and they tell me that when I had my previous car my insurance lapsed, and I was turned in to them for driving with no coverage.

Hmm, that's funny. I specifically remember transferring to a different company before the first policy ran out.

So I called my current company, who I also had 2 years ago when this all started. And sure as shit, I've had coverage with them during the time in question. Now I just need the paperwork faxed from StateFarm so I can refax it to the DPS. Otherwise I have to send the DPS $250 for reinstatement. Right, because I'm rich.

All in all, a big pain in the ass for absolutely nothing. Fucking Farmers insurance. Now I'm glad I cancelled them. Well that, and my agent spent more time looking at my boobs than trying to write me a policy. Bastards caused all this trouble.


Alrighty, I'm done complaining.



In other news, I made the trek to my grandfather's grave last night. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Seeing his name on the headstone sucked though. When I first saw it I cried. But after I sat and talked for a bit I was ok. I'm glad I went and told him Happy Birthday. He would have been 86.