Sunday, October 08, 2006

No fair, Oktoberfest instead.

For the first time in my entire life, I didn't attend the state fair. Not because I couldn't find the time, or couldn't necessarily afford it, but plainly because I didn't want to. Normally I'm really excited for when the fair comes, I love the food, the people watching, and the livestock shows. This year though, I just couldn't get into it. I can't justify spending $8 for admission, $5 for a corndog, and $7 for a beer.

Instead I'm getting geared up for Oktoberfest. Lately it just seems to be more 'my cup of tea'. $3 at the gate, parking relatively close, a huge beer garden where you stand on the tables and do the chicken dance with 200 complete strangers, and get an awesome meal of sausage, peppers, and onions for that same $5 that would of only bought you a corndog elsewhere. Oh, and an entire PITCHER of beer is usually about $9. It's a much better deal.

Sports news... OU and the Yank's both lost on Saturday, Ace was a sad, sad guy. Sorry hon.

Dog news... He's a freak, plain and simple. I love my freak.

School news... I'm ready for this semester to be over so I can take some different classes. Not that I don't like mine, I'm just tired of them and ready for something else. I'm really looking forward to the fun classes that I can take, where I learn things I'm actually interested in, not just the boring crap that everyone has to endure.

Well... it's almost Desperate Housewives time. Oh, and this moving Gray's Anatomy crap to Thursday has really thrown me. I've missed the last 2. Will someone remind me please?


XOXO