Saturday, September 23, 2006

Some CRAZY storms

Last night was pretty eventful.


First was Flight for Sight that benefits Prevent Blindness Oklahoma ( http://www.preventblindnessok.org/MainTulsaEvents.htm at the airport. My company is a sponsor and we're always given free tickets. Ace and I went there and had a great time. Of course when you have free food and alcohol it's hard to not have a great time. Ace participated in the silent auction and won me a tanning/ fitness package, and won Tojo a month of karate/ kickboxing lessons. That was definitely cool.


After we got home I crawled up to bed and was later awoken by massive thunder and lightning. Earlier while at the airport we could see the storm moving in, but I had no idea it would be this strong. The windows were rattling, thunder was booming, lightning strikes were flashing. This went on for a few hours, so needless to say I didn't sleep very well.

As I was leaving this morning for work it was still dark, so I couldn't see all the damage throughout the neighborhood, but apparently everyone else had it worse than we did. We had the phone line ripped off of the house, but that's no big deal because Ace and I just use our cell's. The family across the street lost nearly half a tree, and other houses lost large branches. The neighborhood Boys Club lost their sign, and another house down the street lost their privacy fence.

I'm at home now, after a pretty rough day with the doggies. Don't get me wrong, the dogs were great. It was the other employees that were the problem. I had 5 people scheduled to work, 6 if you count me. 3 of them called in sick, and a 4th was nearly an hour late. The one that was late decided he wasn't going to work anyway, so after running him out of our break area 3 times before noon, I just sent his lazy ass home. I did have a sit down with our director, and I told her of my problems and how I had worked there since February without so much as a sick day taken. I was working 7 days a week plus going to school, and I didn't have the patience or the mentality to deal with a bunch of laziness. I added that if I didn't get better help I was going to find a job elsewhere. She said she'd speak to the weakday manager and that she and I will have a sit down next Saturday to discuss a game plan to keep me there and satisfied. So I guess we'll just see how that goes.

I was nearly an hour and a half late coming home today, so we had to cancel our cook out we had planned for the boys, Ace and I. Needless to say, I'm irritated. We will just have Chinese food delivered instead.


Have a good rest of the weekend everybody, mine should hopefully get better from here.