Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Boy oh boy

I had classes tonight, and due to the Labor Day holiday I won't have to go back for another week. Everything is going well, but I am definitely tired. But I know that I have to continue so I can one day make a decent living.

Speaking of making a living, starting next week I will have a different position within the company at Job Number One. I am moving from customer service to head up shipping and receiving. I hope it will be a lot less stressful, and I can wear jeans and t-shirts to work every day. Hell yes for that. The only downside is that I will not have access to the internet or to my email during the day, which will mean a lot less contact with Ace. It's definitely a good move for me though, so he and I will just have to deal. It will be the third different job that I've had in the 3 or so years since I was first hired, and honestly I think it's about time for the change. I enjoy what I do now, but it's hard for anyone to not get burned out. I have been training my replacement for a bit over a week now, and on Wednesday when I return from my trip (more on that later) I will be in the new job.

Poor ol Ace. My lovely boyfriend was mowing the lawn when I was in class this evening. He called me about 630, and asked me to call him when he was done. He then informed me that he was in the emergency room because, while mowing, a rock or some other sharp projectile hurled itself into his leg, and sliced him open pretty badly. He had jeans on, but it still did enough damage that it bled through his jeans very quickly, and then soaked his sock and shoe. He probably would not have gone to the ER, but his foot went numb, and he felt like a bone in his leg was broken. After class I met him there, they looked him over, closed him up with glue, gave him the Tetnus booster, and sent him on his way. Poor dude, I bought him some Crunch bars.

Oh, and last, the trip.

Monday (Labor Day) Ace, Taco, Tojo, Ace's parents, his brother, sister-in-law, nephew and I are all heading to Kansas City to attend the meeting of the Yankees and Royals. I'm so freaking excited!!! I haven't ever been to a pro game of any type, and since Ace is a die-hard Yankees fan it just seems fitting that this will be the first one I attend. We will be back Tuesday evening in time for me to get back to work Wednesday. Lucky ass Ace has taken vacation for the whole week. I thought about it, but instead I will use my last few vacation days of the year for finals week.


That's about all folks. Go tell someone that you love em.