Friday, October 13, 2006

And the arm goes POP

This afternoon I'm lugging around my 100th or so box for the day, and I reach back awkwardly to grab another one off of the floor. Then my shoulder popped, and REALLY started to hurt. Lucky for me, after that my arm went numb. Yes, it still hurts right now. Ace thinks that I pinched a nerve, which I'd believe. He says that it will get better in a few days, which is exactly right after I get finished being pulled all over the world by about 50 attention hungry dogs by that exact same arm while I have them on a leash. Oh well. I'll be just fine. Just to be on the safe side though, I made sure to tell my boss before I left for the day that I hurt myself, and he said for me to make sure and tell him Monday morning if it's not better.


With cooler weather setting in around the Manders house, I decided to make a huge batch of chili. It's fantastic and delicious. Ace is in getting seconds right now, and I'm going to have to do the same in a few minutes.

In other news, I've conformed. I made the disappointing step to a MySpace account. I know.. I know, I'm ashamed of me too. It has done exactly what I had hoped it would though, and has brought me back in touch with quite a few of my good friends from high school. Tomorrow night one of my very best girlfriends and I are going out boozing it up. I'm pretty excited about that of course.

I'm still having attendance issues with my crew at the shelter on the weekends. I have a pretty good idea on how to curtail it, which includes making them stay to work a full shift, even if they are late. (I'll elaborate) If they're an hour late coming in, they must stay an hour after to do whatever I want, including filling up holes that the dogs have dug, picking up trash and debris on the grounds, and bathing the dogs. I'm running it past the director tomorrow, but I don't think she'll have a problem with it.


That's about it guys, another lovely rambling post of Manders. Have an awesome weekend. I'll try to get some boozing pictures to share with everyone later.


:)