Friday, October 27, 2006

A good day off

I took a vacation day yesterday because I needed to head downtown and take a test for my online history class.


I must say the day was a success. I slept until just after 9, studied for a while, hung out online for a while, then played with the doggies. I need to get a picture of Boomer playing with Sanchez. It's so cute, Sanchez is about half the size of Boomer's head.

Anyhow, I had some lunch (ham and cheese sandwich), studied some more, then took a shower. I cruised downtown and met with the nursing program advisor and had my classes mapped out for the next 3 1/2 years. (dang... that's a long time. It will be a bachelor's degree though) Then I took my test and went to Victoria's Secret and got some good stuff. Hopefully Ace will get well soon so he can see it... ;)

After Vicky's I picked up a pie and headed to Granny's for some chili (and pie). We talked and went through some old pictures. I found the most hilarious thing... my dad with a mullet!! I remembered him having it, but Ace of course hasn't ever seen it and doubted that it ever existed, so I finally had proof. Oh it's good stuff, I'll have to get it up on the old bloggy later. Oh, and my dear old Granny bought me a new coat. It's so cute, I love it. And a perfect fit. She's so awesome.

After all of this I headed home, and made it back at about 930. I played with the doggies a bit more, and crashed.

A great day off indeed.


Oh, and for all you Tulsans out there, head out to the Boo Ha Ha parade tomorrow. I'll be there with the shelter doggies marching down the street. It's going to be a good time.