Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm baaaack!!

Hey folks, I'm back after taking a couple of days off from job #1. It was fun, just not nearly enough time away.

Here's the recap.

Thursday: Had an adjuster come look at the roof of our house, it's missing some shingles from a few storms, so we'll see if they'll replace it or not. We also had the power company out. They are burying the lines in the neighborhood, so we had to have the meter and box on the back of the house replaced. So I was without power (and air conditioning) for about 2 hours. Then I cruised over to job # 2 to pick up my paycheck, and got some bad news. Remember the spinning dog I told you about last week? He was my favorite guy there. The vet met with the kennel manager and some other people, and they decided to put him down. He had OCD, and the medicine to fix it was way out of the shelter's budget. He died about an hour before I got there. I didn't get to say goodbye to him, which probably only saved me from either trying to steal him and take him to my house, or crying. I'm sure it was best that I wasn't there. Love you Tinky...

Friday: Had the boys, and planned for the new doggy. We made a trip to Wal-Mart for supplies and food, then made it back and watched a couple of videos. Washed the car outside, and had a lovely water fight. All 3 of us were soaked from head to toe, that was a good time. We had lunch, then played a bit in the back yard. The city had a surprise for us, the replaced the water line that ran from our house to the one across the street. So about 2pm I had a backhoe in the driveway digging up all the dirt (and blocking my car in). We were also without water from 1 or so until after 7. That was fun... I headed out to pick up Boomer the new doggy, and the boys left with Ace to go to a baseball tournament.

Saturday and Sunday I was back at work, doing normal work stuff. No big deal there.


And that's all. I'm going to try and have new doggy pictures up tomorrow. Just fair warning, this puppy's no puppy. Dude's huge.