Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A long, hot weekend.

Oh man was it hot outside this weekend. I loved it...


I spent all 3 days of the Memorial day weekend at my 2nd job, hanging out with the doggies, doing the regular things. Cleaning, playing, feeding, and a bit of doctoring due to fly bites and the like.

One of them tripped me because I took his toy away (a Mt. Dew bottle) and he wanted it back. I managed to twist my ankle a bit, so it's pretty sore right now. My favorite doggy there has seemed to become a retard lately. For about the last 3 weeks he has done nothing but chase his tail. All day long. It was funny at first, but now we're worried about him. They've done tests on him to check for an infection, but he's perfectly healthy. At least physically. Mentally is another story. Poor baby, I hope we can get him to stop.

In my down time, I cleaned the house, mowed the grass, and thought about washing the car. But then Ace mentioned it might rain, and sure enough, 20 minutes later it was raining.


In better news, I have taken this Thursday and Friday off. I can finally relax!! I can't complain though, I really do like being at work. And working at the shelter is awesome exercise, I've lost about 8 pounds in the last 4 months.


I thought about going out to the cemetery to see Grandpa, but I just couldn't make myself do it. I know that people are supposed to do things like that, I just can't yet. Maybe in another few weeks I'll feel better about it. This weekend would have been my grandparents 64th anniversary. My Grandma was planning on staying with my aunt all weekend to keep her distracted, but instead she packed some water and a lawn chair, and went and sat at grandpa's grave all day. She said they've always been together on their anniversary, and this one would be no different. Made me cry...