Thursday, October 27, 2005

The rock and the windshield

Ok... yesterday I'm driving home from work. I'm rounding the bend... almost home. WHAM! A huge freaking rock, probably the size of my fist smacks my windshield, right in front of my face. I hit the brakes and look to the right (where it came from) and two kids haul ass up the hill back to the parking lot of the apartment complex.

Oh bastards, you're in for it. I whip around just in time to find momma coming out of her apartment. I walk up to her... she no habla english. Fuck.

Good thing the youngest kid she has in tow does. "Um, lady, your kid just hit my car with a rock"


The smallest boy tells her what I just said. She says something, and Tiny Taco runs up to the apartment and down comes Uncle. I talk to him for a second, he goes and whips the kids' butts, then asks to look at my car.

No cracks... thank gawd. Then Uncle asks if there's anything more he needs to do. Nah, I'm satisfied. No harm, no foul. Unless of course you ask the boys' butts.

I'll bet they don't throw any more rocks at passing cars.