Monday, October 10, 2005

My weekend

Friday when I left work I was actually in the mood to go out all night. It doesn't happen very often, especially after a long week at work. I'm more of a Saturday night out type of girl.

Anyhow, on with the story. I go with Ace to happy hour and he and his buddy and I go home to get cleaned up to go clubbing with some more of his coworkers. I get all spiffy, and we head out the door. Before I even get to the car my dad calls. Grandpa's bad, Grandma called an ambulance and he's on his way to the hospital. My Dad's on his way, and said he'd call me if he thought it was bad (i.e. death's door) and I needed to get there. I told him if not, I'd go first thing Saturday morning.

Dad never called, so I got up with Ace around 8 and went to the hospital.

Grandpa had a stroke or two (or 3 or 4, nobody knows), too many seizures to count, and also possibly a heart attack. My Dad signed the DNR (grandma just couldn't do it) and held grandpa down because the tremors were so bad. He had to be given a lot of morphene to keep him still.

I sat with my grandma until around noon when my dad came back. I took her home to get cleaned up and get some food, then I went back. He and I stayed until she returned.

I went home and went to bed.

Sunday I spent the day cleaning house, doing laundry, and hanging out with the boys. Pretty much just trying to keep my mind off of things.