Tuesday, September 13, 2005

To join or not to join... that is the question

Last night my boss joined a gym. He and I have been talking about joining together for a few months, but I still haven't completely made up my mind. I'd love to be in better shape, but I'm not sure I can stick with it long enough to get my money's worth. With Boss Man going as well though hopefully I can stay motivated.

He was able to find a plan at a place that has 3 locations and you pay $512 for 18 months. The money is due within 30 days of signing up. Not so bad really, less than $30 each month. It's good for all 3 places, and they have a couple of pools, lots of classes scheduled at different times, and tanning (for an additional charge, of course)

Sounds good, right? Except that I can go out and run for free. I'm trying to save my money to pay my car off early. And to me (and most people) $500 is a lot of money.


I can't do it right now anyway due to a sprained ankle from the falling down the stairs episode, so I have a bit more time to decide.