Friday, September 02, 2005

Canadian Casanova

Last night a friend of mine and I went to dinner and out for drinks. We ended up at a small little bar in the middle of town and start getting hassled by the oldest, lamest guys in the joint.

The first one comes up and asks if he can sit down. I tell him we're having friends join us shortly and there isn't room. He scurries off to the next table of ladies.

The next one is a bit more interesting. He's from Canada and is in town buying properties for his company. (or so he says) My friend and I just want him to leave. We tell him we're not interested. CC says we don't know him well enough to say that. We tell him we're married. He says that's why divorces were created. He offers to move me (or my friend, he doesn't care) to Canada with him, buy us a house and car, and we'll never have to work again. This from a freak that we met 20 minutes ago. So my friend and I start ignoring him. He just stands there and patiently listens. She and I whisper back and forth, teasing him for being so desperate to hit on girls at least 10 years his junior while in a bar alone. My friend starts chatting with a random stranger and that guy gets his buddy to come snag me Random Guy and I go to the bar and he keeps me company for a good 20 minutes hoping Canadian Casanova will leave our table (since no one is there)

No luck...

She and I leave the random dudes and go find another table. Who should arrive but Casanova himself. Good Gawd man go away!!! My dear sweet friend finally freaks out on the guy, tells him to get his freak ass away from us or we'll have the bouncer kick him out. He just smiles, says ok, and turns and walks away. To another table of girls!

Moral of the story... if any guys out there wonder why girls hate being hit on in a bar it's because of creeps like this.