Friday, August 19, 2005

They must be scared of me

I've decided the management at my apartment complex is afraid of me. You've all read of the trouble with the new place Ace and I share. The dirt, the unpainted walls, the trash, the bugs, the broken dishwasher, the stopped up sink.

I called and I called. I went in the office almost daily. I made sure I spoke loudly enough that other residents and potential future residents heard of my problems. I talked with managers, maintenence bosses, and leasing agents.

I must say that after nearly 3 weeks, the place is livable.

Two evenings ago I get a call from Ace. There was a note on the door when he returned to let us know there was a deposit refund check at the office. I stopped by on my way home and picked it up. Guess what?

It was a refund check for me, not him. They refunded not only my pre-paid last month's rent, but my entire deposit (minus the last month's water charges) They must of not noticed where my girl kitty tore up the carpet in every corner and hallway. Hell yeah!

Ace still hasn't heard about his refund. This leads me to believe they took my phone calls and visits (not to mention my threats about calling the news stations) as serious and finally feel that I mean business.