Friday, August 12, 2005

Mayday Mayday! Manders is down!

Ok, so last night I'm winding down, and wanting to crawl in bed. First, however, I need to take baby Maya out to potty.

I grab my shoes and Skinny Minnie (my girl cat) comes running. She always sits between my feet when I tie my shoes and plays with the laces. I tie them, she undoes it. I tie again, she pulls them apart again. We do this every day. Last night I tire of the game and decide to take Pupster out with my shoe laces undone.

I swoop up the lil one and head out. I'm walking down the stairs. Maya is in my arms, and all of a sudden, a frog hops around in front of us. Maya freaks and acts like she wants to jump. That's a huge fall, so I panic for a second to hold on to her, take a step, and WHAM! Manders is down. I guess I stepped on my shoestring and tripped. Fell down the last 3 steps and smacked my elbow on the railing. Hit my ass on the ground. Stepped sideways on my ankle. Oh man it hurt!!! But by gawd I didn't drop the dog. :)

So there I sat. I didn't want to get up. My damn ankle was killing me, but puppy kisses made it a bit better. A few minutes later, I attempt standing. Not my brightest idea. I set Maya down, she goes pee and comes back. So I crawl up the stairs, puppy in tow.

I sit on the floor in the apartment for a bit, just trying to calm down, too afraid to look at my foot. Finally, I do. Not bad really, just a bit of bruising. At least so far. Ace comes in the living room (he's been playing baseball since before I got home)

me: "Hey, did you hear me fall?"

him: "Um yeah, that was you? I heard it"

me: "thanks for checking on me"

him: "well if you needed me you could of just hollered"

me: "I was at the bottom of the stairs... you wouldn't of heard me"

Sigh... I crawl into the shower, stand there like a flamingo, then hobble off to bed.