Tuesday, August 02, 2005

My first view of the new apartment

So yesterday I'm all excited about seeing the new apartment. I get off work, call Ace on my way home, and he tells me it's a little dirty. Dirty. Hmmm.... I'll check it out.

So I get there, he meets me outside. I go in, and freak.

There's a ring of dirt on the ceiling where the fan has oscillated and flung it. There is funk caked on the air exchange vent. Thick, gross, furry funk. Bright pink lipstick-type stains on the carpet. Painter debris in the windows (caulk, tape, etc) A huge scratch along one door from the knob on another one.

And oh the bugs.... In 5 minutes I saw 4 roaches. (and not the kind Ace leaves laying around) They were everywhere!! I called the complex office, and the girl came down. I showed her the furry vents. I showed her the messy windows. I showed her the ruined door. Then she saw the bugs. Each and every (now dead) one.

She said she trusted maintenence when they said it was ready, and she'd have it fixed by the end of today. I went to Target, bought some Raid, and started hauling my crap in.


Things better start looking up soon.