Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Decorating ' The Man Shop '

As some of you know, my dad is building a house. He got married in February (Valentines Day) and he and his wife decided to start this little project. It's about half way complete and looks wonderful.

My dad has always wanted a workshop. His wife is a total packrat and doesn't leave a smidgen of wall showing anywhere. If there isn't furniture covering it, then there's a picture, painting, or statue there. His workshop will be his domain, free of clutter, dust, and junk.

For more than a month now we (my dad, brother, and I) have devoted weekends and evenings to getting "The Man Shop" in order.

The outside is complete (I did the painting), the shower and toilet are installed, the septic line and power have been run, its insulated and sheetrocked. Now... what to do?

Dad called the other night wondering what color he should make the inside. He's looking for a modern, clean type feel. Very industrial. I, of course, have no idea.

This weekend is supposed to be set up for finishing the inside, and I have the task of picking the paint color. I am at a total loss. I think a trip to Home Depot is in my near future.