Thursday, August 25, 2005

I'm such a softie

Ok so lately I've been taking care of (feeding) a stray cat outside my apartment. It didn't take long for me to realize she was pregnant. I'm a sucker for a hungry animal, so I've been leaving food out for her for quite some time.

Tuesday she disappeared. I thought for sure she was off having the babies some where, but I couldn't find her. Her food kept disappearing though, so I knew she wasn't too far.


This morning my cat was sitting in the window pawing and meowing, so I looked out, and there was Fat Momma, just not fat anymore. She had the babies! By the time I went outside she was already gone (and so was all her food)

Then I started thinking.... she had no boobies! When my girl kitty (the other pregnant stray I let move in with me) was pregnant she lost hair around her boobs before the babies were born. This cat didn't do this.

So now I'm afraid there are little kittens out there with no food. So now I have to try and find them so I can get them to a vet or a kitten foster mom so the little babies don't die.

Oh brother... how do I get myself into these messes?