Friday, September 09, 2005

Adventures in lunch: Destination Quizno's

So today at lunch I'm in line at Quizno's. It wasn't my first choice, but the Asshole Fairy mysteriously closed down Schlotzsky's when I wasn't looking.

Anyhow, there I stand. Some tool begins a rant about paying $1.69 for a bottle of water. I agree it's too high, but if you don't like it, don't buy it. They have fountain drinks for $1. Or, just get a cup and get water from the sink. Easy, right? Not to this guy.

"$1.69 for a bottle of water? That' s outrageous. People complain about $3 a gallon for gas, but they'll pay $1.69 for 20 ounces of water? It's the most abundant resource on the planet!"

And on and on and on. He has the attention of the entire restaurant. We're all laughing.

Oh, and the dude goes out and hops in his V8 SUV. I'm sure he also bitches about gas prices. Moron.