Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I was too mad on Friday

to talk about my lovely lunch hour. But now I'm ok... so here it goes.


Ok, so Friday Ace and I are headed out for a bite to eat. We're cruising along, minding our own business, shooting the shit like always. BAM!! Car makes a huge noise, then won't drive right. One of the wheels on the front is locked up and I can barely steer. Fantastic. All I think is "this is gonna be expensive."

So we stop. Ace and I get out, look at the car. Nothing. Everything looks fine. Look around the wheel, nothing. Pop the hood to see if we can find something stuck inside. Nothing. Look under the car to see if I ran over something. Nothing. Hmmm....

Then Ace noticed the wheel leaning in a bit at the top. So he jacks up the car (while I'm on the phone with work telling them I'll be late coming back) and SHIT! Once the tire's off the entire assembly in the wheel well can move all around, up, down, and around. That can't be good... lol

So someone from my office comes, takes a look, loans me his jacket, and offers us a ride back to work. I'm not leaving my car on the side of the road... so we decline. A girl from work has free roadside assistance on her cell, so I can get the car towed anywhere I want. That's a step in the right direction. Ace's dad comes, drives to a nearby mechanic shop, and they can fix it, before the end of the day... for $200. FUCK ME!!! It's 2 days before Christmas.

Anyhow, I let them fix it. What option do I have. Other than eating ramen noodles for the next two weeks until I get paid again?