Thursday, February 16, 2006

There's a louse in the house...

Ok... so there's a guy that I work with who has custody of his 3 daughters. He is dating a girl in the office.

Lately the guy has been needing to work late, so the girl is taking his daughters home with her after work, then when he gets off he goes over there and picks them up.

Anywho... one day a few weeks ago the littlest girl was up here, and I asked her why she wasn't at daycare. Her response? "I've got bugs on my head" OMG!! She's got lice.

I said something to her dad, who just responded that she had a head cold.


Anyhow, yesterday I was talking to my coworker about what the youngest daughter said. She again had been asked to pick the kids up from daycare, so when she did pick them up she had the day care check for her. And guess what? All 3 girls are infested with lice.

She went to the store, bought $75 worth of shampoo for their hair and spray for her furniture and carpet, as well as her car. She was up until 4 am today working on them. Shampooing, combing, washing pillows and drapes...

Oh she's so pissed. Apparently Daddy knew the whole time that the kids had it, but said that the day care was probably lying. So her entire house and car (and her) were unnecessarily exposed. I would freak out...


Oh, and the coworker has taken a personal day. She decided that even though she doesn't have them, she might as well treat herself while she's at it. And delouse the house again...