Monday, February 20, 2006

Snow snow go away...

Goddamn snow... It hit Friday, and is still here. At least we're above freezing right now, so hopefully it will be completely gone soon. I didn't have a choice but to get out in the mess, and spent a few hours this weekend slowly driving to and from to ensure I wouldn't have an accident. Nobody wants that.


Oh, and speaking of car fun, Thursday night I had another ball joint go out. $250 dollars later I was told that my entire front suspension is total shit and needs to be completely replaced. Grand total for just that part (remember I've already replaced the other ball joint at a price of $210)... $650. So that means more than a grand repairing a car that I'm still making payments on. I'm so lucky... not.


Anywho, the new job is going well. I love being there, it is a lot of fun. I am learning everyone's names, as well as the names and stories of all of the orphaned animals. I've only found about 15 that I want to take home. If only I could win the lotto... I'd buy a farm and take in every animal I ever found. Of course right now I am completely exhausted, I am currently working my 15th day in a row. I have taken off this coming Wednesday, for my birthday.

That's right, I'm getting older. I'm pretty indifferent about it. With the impending move, trying to save money, the 2nd job, and the car trouble, I feel my birthday is just falling through the cracks. There is too much else going on to relax, and just celebrate being alive. (Wow, that sounded pretty sad) But I'm not sad, I am really excited about being able to move into a house. It will be expensive, and we'll have to cut out a few extra things we do every month, but I will be very proud to be living in my very own house, paid for by me and my sweetie. We'll have our own garage, our own yard, and some actual peace and quiet.

Well I guess that's all that's going on with me, just working, hanging out at home, learning the new drivers on NASCAR, taking naps, and making sure Ace isn't feeling lonely because I'm gone so much. Have a good week folks, drive safely on all the ice.