Thursday, February 24, 2005

Who wants a kitten?

About 6 weeks or so ago G found a cat. His boys loved her but she can't stay at their house due to allergies and what-not, so I agreed to take her.

Well, she started getting fat. I kept saying I thought she was pregnant and no one believed me. Well now when she lays down you can see the babies move in her belly. Kinda cool and gross all at the same time.

The only place I can think for her to have them in my itty bitty apartment without ruining anything is in the bathtub. So I'll have to make a trip to G's place, shower, then head back to mine. Not that big of a deal really. But I'll have to keep the other cat away from her so he won't eat the baby kitties. (I've heard males will do that) And I'll have to get another litterbox because she'll be locked in the bathroom with one. The boy's gotta go somewhere... and more food and water bowls. I'll need to get her on kitten food soon I guess. I think mommies need the extra vitamins in kitten chow.

THEN... after all that, comes the hard part. Finding nice, stable, loving homes for all my cat's babies. They have to go somewhere... I just don't know where. Wish me luck folks. Oh, and if you know anyone who's a sucker for a kitten, let me know and I'll pester them.