Thursday, February 17, 2005

Sick again?

Does anyone else out there have people who habitually call in sick or miss work for stupid reasons?

We have a girl in our office that misses AT LEAST once a week, either out sick or running dumb errands. Normally I wouldn't mind. It's her paycheck that's suffering, not mine. Except that it's either me or someone from my department who has to cover for her when she's gone. Which, of course, means I can't do my own job. Then I have to come in early, leave late, and scramble for days to get caught up. She (swear to God) has missed 8 full days and 3 half days since the first of January.

Why hasn't she been fired you ask? Because she wears skirts and stilleto's to work. Great, huh?



I'm sure there's a problem like this in a lot of offices, but it really irritates me and I wanted to share. And yup, you guessed it, today is a day that she's out.