Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend update: Overdue for vacation edition

Weekend was good, not much time to rest, but I got a lot done.


The flower beds are complete, I actually got everything planted and mulched. They look pretty cool too. Both areas that were seeded in the lawn are coming up nicely. Hopefully it will start to spread out before too long and really make the yard pretty.

Ace and the boys were kind enough to wash my car for me, it looks so pretty now that it's all clean. But... wouldn't you know it... chance of thunderstorms in the area all week now. Oh well, we definitely need the rain here.

I'm still working at the shelter, everything's going really well there. It wears me out, but I love the animals. They were cool enough to have a group of professional dog trainers come out and help us understand the dog's behavior a little better so that we can train them easier. It was pretty cool, mostly about dog psychology and why they do what they do. And even cooler... it actually worked.

I've been deemed one of the most patient with the dogs, so I am given control of the newest intakes, who are the ones with the worst manners. So they jump, and snap, and bark, and pull. (which explains look I get in bar fights constantly) But now, after this class, I can hopefully get them to calm down quicker, and in turn, get them adopted faster.

The boss is back at the other place, after being gone for nearly 2 weeks for having his appendix removed. Which is cool, less work for me.

Oh... and I need a vacation. I am worn the fugg out. I haven't had a day to myself since we moved... and that really wasn't a day to myself because I was moving... sigh.

Maybe some other time... lol. Back to work with me.