Monday, June 20, 2005

My Father's Day weekend

Sucked.

As most know, dear ol Dad is building a house. This past weekend he asked my two brothers and I to come help him clean up the mess left behind by the workers (roofer, bricklayer, etc etc). So there I was. 930 on Saturday morning, throwing bricks into a trailer. Then at noon, still throwing bricks in the trailer. 6 hours, 3 trips to the dump, 2 beers, 4 bottles of water, and one bitchin sunburn later, about half of the brick is cleaned up. DAMMIT!!!

Sunday I'm out there again. Ace is bummed that I can't go to the ballgame, but Dad needs me. The times he actually asks for my help are few and far between, so I really felt like I needed to be there. Even though I would of much rather been at the ball game.

Well Sunday is rock picking up day. Good lawd, I thought the brick was bad. The rock was freakin heavy! The 3 of us (brothers and I) took turns mowing the 5 acres to take a break from hauling the rocks.

Lucky me learned how to back a trailer this weekend. Yeehaw!