Monday, May 23, 2005

Last blog of the day, I swear.

Today's a bit of a sad day for me.

About a year or so ago my mom, my oldest brother, and I had a falling out. Basically it boils down to I felt like they didn't approve of the way I was choosing to live my life, and when I said something about it, they washed their hands of me. For months leading up to the end I was upset over the way I was being treated and taking the frustration and anger out on my friends, coworkers, Dad, and most of all, Ace. I didn't feel that was fair to anyone, and decided to speak up. That was the last I've heard from them.

Well today is Mom's 53rd birthday. I feel guilty for not calling, sending a gift, or what-not. Part of me feels that I started the whole mess by speaking my mind (perhaps to harshly, perhaps not harsh enough) and so it's up to me to fix it. Part of me feels like those two had it coming and part of me being an adult is doing things to make MY life the way I want it to be. Even if that means cutting people out who don't treat me the way I think they should. Then again, she is my mom. My brother lives many states away, Mom's not married, and is usually alone. I feel responsible to look in on her and make sure she isn't lonely or hurt or anything like that.

I guess all I really know about this is that it's a horrible situation and I hate being in it.